If you are experiencing a life-threatening medical or mental health emergency, please call 9-1-1.
When CSU Health Network is closed (after-hours, weekends, holidays), seek support via telephone assistance or visit a local urgent care/convenient care/walk-in care clinic or emergency room.
Note: Urgent care/convenient care/walk-in care and emergency care will require payment and/or insurance coverage. The emergency room is more expensive than urgent care, and some insurance companies will only pay for emergency services if urgent care isn’t available. You are responsible for any charges incurred at the hospital or urgent care/convenient care/walk-in care not covered by your insurance plan.
Telephone Assistance for CSU Students
After-Hours Nurse Helpline: (970) 491-7121
Note: The Nurse Helpline is not able to provide prescription refills or schedule appointments. These services are only available during normal business hours.
Mental Health Crisis Intervention:
CSU Health Network Counseling Services:
- During Business Hours: (970) 491-6053
- After-Hours: (970) 491-7111
For students who are deaf or hard of hearing, please begin by calling 711 and Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS) can help you communicate with our on-call counselors.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: (800) 273-TALK (8255)
Transgender Suicide Prevention Hotline (Trans Lifeline): (877) 565-8860
After-Hours Urgent Care/Convenient Care/Walk-In Care Options
IMPORTANT: Always call ahead before visiting a health care facility.
CSU does not endorse any specific clinic or service.
Note: You are responsible for any charges incurred at urgent care/convenient care/walk-in care not covered by your insurance plan. Copay and deductible will apply.
24/7 Emergency Services
Helpful Information for Students with CSU Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) Coverage:
The following information only applies to current students enrolled in the CSU Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP).
Dial 9-1-1 and seek care at the nearest hospital emergency room facility (subject to plan deductible, reimbursement rate based upon network status of provider and $100 co-pay which is waived if admitted).
Non-Life-Threatening Emergency or Urgent Care
- If care is needed during CSU Health Network normal operating hours, seek care at the CSU Health Network first (no deductible, no co-pay).
- If the CSU Health Network is closed or you are out of the Fort Collins area, seek care at the nearest in-network urgent care facility (subject to plan deductible and $50 co pay).
- If an urgent care facility is not available, seek care at the nearest hospital emergency room (subject to plan deductible and $100 co-pay). Choose care at an in-network hospital if you can. If an in-network provider is not available, seek care at the nearest urgent care or hospital emergency room facility. (subject to plan deductible, out-of-network reimbursement rate and a $ 100 co-pay).
To find an in-network Preferred Provider please go to Anthem- Find a Doctor. For Non-Life Threatening Emergent Care situations you can also call the CSU Health Network Referral Coordinator at (970) 491-3962 during CSU Health Network normal operating hours.