Open to the public, including CSU students, faculty, staff and the community at large
About the CSU Health Network Pharmacy
- Located on the 1st floor of the CSU Health and Medical Center.
- Open to the public, including CSU students, faculty, staff, and anyone in the community.
- Fills prescription orders (from CSU Health Network providers and outside providers from any state), recommends over-the-counter medications, bills insurance companies, transfers prescriptions, and interacts with providers to reach the best therapy possible for our patients.
- Inventory is focused on common college student needs. Medications for certain chronic conditions, such as cholesterol, blood pressure, hormone replacement, etc., may require next-day ordering based on the refill request.
- Select health-related supplies and over-the-counter medications are available for purchase. CSU students may charge these purchases to their student accounts by showing their CSU ID card.
- Staffed by registered pharmacists, certified pharmacy technicians, and student clerks.
Using the CSU Health Network Pharmacy
Click on the tabs below for information about how to fill, refill, transfer and pick-up your prescription.
Insurance, Payment and Co-Pay Billing in the Pharmacy
CSU Health Network Pharmacy works with most health insurance prescription cards and bills private insurance. We are contracted with Colorado Medicaid, but not Medicare Part D or out-of-state Medicaid.
CSU Health Network Pharmacy requires all patients to provide prescription insurance information, including current billing information, at the time of service.
Note that prescription coverage may be on a separate card from medical insurance, depending on your plan. Four (4) pieces of insurance information are required at the time of service – Identification Number, RxBIN, RxPCN, and RxGRP (Rx Group). See sample card below for more information. This information may appear in a different place on your card, depending on your insurance provider.
- PRO TIP: Students are encouraged to have photos of their medical and prescription insurance cards on their phones for easy access.
Click on the tabs below for more information about types of payment accepted and tips for using insurance at the CSU Health Network Pharmacy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
About ADHD Medications and Controlled Substances
- Patients with a ADHD medication prescription must bring in a written copy of the prescription for every fill. We do not store ADHD prescriptions on the patient’s profile for later fills.
- Patient must present photo identification at pick-up for any controlled substance, including ADHD medications.
- We can accept written prescriptions from providers in any state.
- We will not fill any controlled substance order, including ADHD medication orders, that are dated six months or more in the past.
- We submit data to the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program website for the State of Colorado.
- If your insurance plan requires brand name medication and a generic equivalent is available, you will be referred to an outside pharmacy.
- CSU Health Network Pharmacy policy is to fill any controlled substance no more than three (3) days early based on previous fill date.
- Click here to learn more about ADHD Treatment at CSU Health Network.
- Meet the Staff – Pharmacy
- Location, Hours and Parking
- Make A Medical Appointment
- About CSU Health Network
Pharmacy Contact Information:
CSU Health and Medical Center, 1st floor
151 W. Lake St. (corner of College Ave. & Prospect Rd.)
Fort Collins, CO 80523-8031
Pharmacy Phone: (970) 491-1402
Pharmacy Fax: (970) 491-4874
Online Identifiers for ePrescribing:
- Name: CSU Health Network Pharmacy
- NPI #: 1871519918
- NCPDP ID #: 0607462
Pharmacy Hours of Operation
Summer Break (May 14 – August 17, 2018)
Mondays: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Tuesdays: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Wednesdays: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Thursdays: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Fridays: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Academic Year Hours (resuming August 20, 2018)
Mondays: 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Tuesdays: 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Wednesdays: 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Thursdays: 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Fridays: 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Note: CSU Health Network Pharmacy follows the Colorado State University academic calendar and will be closed for all University holidays. The Pharmacy also operates on adjusted hours during Fall Break, Winter Break, Spring Break and Summer Break. Visit the Location, Hours, and Parking page for more information.