CSU Health Network is every student’s on-campus home for health care, regardless of your insurance plan.
CSU Health Network is in-network with most major insurance carriers and can file claims with them. We have contracts with United Healthcare, Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield (in state and out-of-state), Aetna, Cigna, Tricare West, Tricare North, Tricare South, Multiplan, and Rocky Mountain Health Plan.
CSU Health Network is an in-network provider with most major insurance carriers and can file claims with them. Students’ out-of-pocket costs are dependent on their health insurance plan benefits.
How does insurance billing and payment work at the CSU Health Network?
Students will need to present a copy of their insurance card (or show a picture of it on their phone) at every visit at the CSU Health Network.
If a student has private insurance coverage, CSU Health Network will file claims with the student’s insurance carrier, and students are responsible for applicable co-pays, co-insurance, deductibles and any non-covered services. Any of these types of balances will be directly posted to the student account and no separate paper statement will come from CSU Health Network. Students can also pay in the Billing Department, located in the Business Services suite on the 2nd floor of the CSU Health and Medical Center, during normal business hours.
What insurance plans are accepted by CSU Health Network?
Before waiving/opting-out of the CSU Student Health Insurance Plan, we highly recommend you confirm that your health insurance plan is in-network with CSU Health Network and contact your insurance will cover visits to the CSU Health Network.
Phone numbers to contact your insurance carrier are typically available on your health insurance card.
The following information will be helpful when checking about coverage with your insurance carrier:
- CSU Health Network Tax ID #: 846000545
- CSU Health Network NPI #: 1528156437
- Please note that some insurance providers are only able to identify in-network status through the individual provider NPI. Individual provider NPI numbers can be found on our Meet the Staff: Primary Care page.
If you are coming to CSU from another state, here are a few items to verify with your insurance carrier:
- Does your plan cover only urgent or emergent care when you are away from home? (CSU Health Network only bills as an outpatient facility.)
- Do you need a referral from your Primary Care Provider (PCP) before you are seen at the CSU Health Network?
- Can you change your PCP to a CSU Health Network provider? (This will alleviate the need for a referral. Visit our Meet the Staff page to view our Primary Care Providers.)
- Does your insurance provide “Away From Home” coverage? (This may allow a better benefit within CSU Health Network.)