Specifically designed for students who have private health insurance coverage, the RamCare Supplement Program is an inexpensive way to help cover out-of-pocket expenses for medical services provided at the CSU Health Network after your primary insurance has been processed.
RamCare enrollment is closed for the fall semester.
- For the convenience of on-campus healthcare without the out-of-pocket expense
- To help cover your private health plan out of pocket costs such as co-pays, co-insurance or deductible costs
- To supplement an HMO or government plan that does not pay for services with out-of-network providers
What does RamCare coverage include?
RamCare covers up to $1,500 per semester at the CSU Health Network for services related to illness or injury that would otherwise be payable at the time of service. It also provides $200 per semester toward prescription drug costs and $50 for Flex Services to be used toward other services within the CSU Health Network, such as dental, optometry, or massage.
Please note, RamCare is not an insurance product and is for use only at the CSU Health Network. RamCare is only available to use after the student’s primary insurance has been processed. Additionally, if a student has a lapse in insurance coverage, RamCare cannot be used.
Who is eligible to enroll in RamCare?
All enrolled CSU students are eligible to access care at the CSU Health Network and are eligible to purchase RamCare. RamCare is specifically designed for students with private health insurance coverage. Students enrolled in the CSU Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) do not need RamCare, as RamCare benefits are already included in SHIP. RamCare is not health insurance and is for use only at the CSU Health Network.
How much does RamCare cost?
Summer 2019: $100
Fall Semester 2019: $125
Spring Semester 2020: $125
Financial aid assistance may be available to pay for the RamCare Supplement Program for students who qualify. Contact the Office of Financial Aid for more information.
How do I enroll in RamCare?
Complete the online enrollment form (above). The deadline to enroll is the University Add/Drop date, approximately two weeks after classes begin.
What are the coverage dates for RamCare?
Spring 2019: January 22- May 31
Summer 2019: June 1 – August 23
Fall 2019: August 26 – January 17
Spring 2020: January 21 – May 31
What services are included and excluded from RamCare coverage?
All charges incurred at the CSU Health Network (CSUHN) will first be submitted to your outside health insurance plan.
RamCare coverage is limited to medically necessary outpatient services rendered at CSU Health Network only. RamCare pays up to $1500 per semester for the following services after your primary insurance has been billed and responded:
- Office Visits
- Nurse Visits
- Diagnostic Services: Includes routine x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory tests (on site only)
- Outpatient Surgery: Limited to minor procedures performed at CSUHN only
- Physical Therapy Services
- Sports Medicine/ Orthopedic Clinic
- Medical Supplies in regular stock at CSUHN that are prescribed or utilized by a physician as part of a treatment plan
- Allergy and Asthma Care
- Vaccines: Flu, MMR, T-Dap, and Meningitis A, C, Y, W-135
- Nutrition and other General Counseling
- One Wellness Physical Consult Per Year, including associated on-site only labs
- Birth Control Counseling and Procedures
Use Flex Dollars ($50 per semester) or pay out of pocket for these services:
- Optometry Services
- Dental Services
- Immunization Clinic, except as outlined above
- Massage Therapy
- Travel Clinic
- Counseling Fee
- Health Access Fee
- Medical Records
- Voluntary or other services not medically necessary for the diagnosis or treatment of an illness or injury
RamCare pays up to $200 per semester for Prescriptions
Exclusions (pay out of pocket for these services):
- Late Fees
- No Show Fees
- Laboratory Services (Off-Site)
- Over-the-Counter Pharmacy Items
- DAY Program and associated testing
Note: Due to the nature of the insurance open enrollment cycle, this office experiences periods of high phone volume. Please consider emailing us at email@example.com and we will respond as soon as possible.