RamCare is a supplement to your private insurance plan that helps cover out-of-pocket expenses for services at the CSU Health Network that would otherwise be payable at the time of service.
- For the convenience of on-campus healthcare without the out-of-pocket expense
- To help cover your private health plan out of pocket costs such as co-pays, co-insurance or deductible costs
- To supplement an HMO or government plan that does not pay for services with out-of-network providers
What does RamCare coverage include?
RamCare covers up to $1,500 per semester at the CSU Health Network for services related to illness or injury that would otherwise be payable at the time of service. It also provides $100 per semester toward prescription drug costs and $50 for Flex Services to be used toward other services within the CSU Health Network, such as dental, optometry, or massage.
Who is eligible to enroll in RamCare?
All enrolled CSU students are eligible to access care at the CSU Health Network and are eligible to purchase RamCare. RamCare is specifically designed for students with private health insurance coverage. Students enrolled in the CSU Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) do not need RamCare, as RamCare benefits are already include in SHIP. RamCare is not health insurance and is for use only at the CSU Health Network.
How much does RamCare cost?
Fall Semester: $175
Spring Semester: $175
Financial aid assistance may be available to pay for the RamCare Supplement Program for students who qualify. Contact the Office of Financial Aid for more information.
How do I enroll in RamCare?
Complete the online enrollment form or visit the CSU Health Network Student Insurance Office on the 2nd floor of the CSU Health and Medical Center to fill out an enrollment form in person. The deadline to enroll is the University Add/Drop date, approximately two weeks after classes begin.
What are the coverage dates for RamCare?
Summer 2018: June 1- August 17
Fall 2018: August 20- January 18
Spring 2019: January 22- May 31
What services are included and excluded from RamCare coverage?
All charges incurred at the CSU Health Network (CSUHN) will first be submitted to your outside health insurance plan. The following RamCare benefits are applicable only after your outside health insurance benefits have been processed.
RamCare coverage is limited to medically necessary outpatient services rendered at CSU Health Network only. RamCare pays up to $1500 per semester for the following services related to treatment of illness or injury when not covered by your primary health insurance provider:
- Office Visits
- Nurse Visits
- Diagnostic Services: Includes routine x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory tests (on site only)
- Outpatient Surgery: Limited to minor procedures performed at CSUHN only
- Physical Therapy Services
- Sports Medicine/ Orthopedic Clinic
- Medical supplies in regular stock at CSUHN that are prescribed or utilized by a physician as part of a treatment plan
- Allergy Clinic
- Flu Vaccine
- Nutrition and other General Counseling (after the first 5 visits)
- One Wellness Physical Consult Per Year
RamCare pays up to $100/semester for prescriptions filled at the CSU Health Network Pharmacy.
Students enrolled in RamCare can use Flex Dollars ($50/semester) or pay out-of-pocket for these services:
- Optometry Services
- Dental Services
- Immunization Clinic
- Preventive Medical Services (including screening laboratory tests, x-rays, etc.)
- Massage Therapy
- Custom Orthotics/Supplies
- Travel Clinic
- Birth Control Procedures
- Counseling Fee
- Access Fee
- Drug and Alcohol Treatment and Other Specially Counseling Services
- Medical Records
- Voluntary or other services not medically necessary for the diagnosis or treatment of an illness or injury (including acne treatment and male pattern baldness)
The following fees and services are excluded from RamCare coverage and must be paid for out-of-pocket:
- Late fees
- No show fees
- Laboratory Services (off-site)
- Over-the-Counter Pharmacy Items
Note: Due to the nature of the insurance open enrollment cycle, this office experiences periods of high phone volume. If the line is busy when you call, please leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible.