Phone Support and Drop-In AvailabilityFor the safety of our staff (in support of social distancing guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control), we can be reached by phone at (970) 491-2457 between 10am – 4 pm, by online chat on the insurance and waiver pages between 9am and 4pm, and by email at email@example.com. Our staff will respond to you as soon as possible. We are also available in-person, by appointment only.
Specifically designed for students who have private health insurance coverage, the RamCare Supplement Program is an inexpensive way to help cover out-of-pocket expenses for medical services provided at the CSU Health Network after your primary insurance has been processed.
- For the convenience of on-campus healthcare without the out-of-pocket expense
- To help cover your private health plan out of pocket costs such as co-pays, co-insurance or deductible costs
- To supplement an HMO or government plan that does not pay for services with out-of-network providers
What does RamCare coverage include?
RamCare covers up to $1,500 per semester at the CSU Health Network for services related to illness or injury that would otherwise be payable at the time of service. It also provides $200 per semester toward prescription drug costs and $50 for Flex Services to be used toward other services within the CSU Health Network, such as dental or optometry.
Please note, RamCare is not an insurance product and is for use only at the CSU Health Network. RamCare is only available to use after the student’s primary insurance has been processed. Additionally, if a student has a lapse in insurance coverage, RamCare cannot be used.
Who is eligible to enroll in RamCare?
All enrolled CSU students are eligible to access care at the CSU Health Network and are eligible to purchase RamCare. RamCare is specifically designed for students with private health insurance coverage. Students enrolled in the CSU Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) do not need RamCare, as RamCare benefits are already included in SHIP. RamCare is not health insurance and is for use only at the CSU Health Network.
How much does RamCare cost?
Summer 2021 Only: $100
Fall Semester 2021: $125
Spring Semester 2022: $125
Financial aid assistance may be available to pay for the RamCare Supplement Program for students who qualify. Contact the Office of Financial Aid for more information.
How do I enroll in RamCare?
Complete the online enrollment form. The deadline to enroll is the University Add/Drop date, approximately two weeks after classes begin.
What are the coverage dates for RamCare?
Summer 2021 Only: June 1 – August 21
Fall 2021: August 23 – January 14
Spring 2022: January 18 – May 31
What services are included and excluded from RamCare coverage?
Please note: due to COVID-19 some services may be currently unavailable. Please check our Location, Hours, and Parking page for service information.
All charges incurred at the CSU Health Network (CSUHN) will first be submitted to your outside health insurance plan.
RamCare coverage is limited to medically necessary outpatient services rendered at CSU Health Network only. RamCare pays up to $1500 per semester for the following services after your primary insurance has been billed and responded:
- Office Visits
- Nurse Visits
- Diagnostic Services: Includes routine x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory tests (on site only)
- Outpatient Surgery: Limited to minor procedures performed at CSUHN only
- Physical Therapy Services
- Sports Medicine/ Orthopedic Clinic
- Medical Supplies in regular stock at CSUHN that are prescribed or utilized by a physician as part of a treatment plan
- Allergy and Asthma Care
- Vaccines: Flu, MMR, T-Dap, and Meningitis A, C, Y, W-135
- Nutrition and other General Counseling
- One Wellness Physical Consult Per Year, including associated on-site only labs
- Birth Control Counseling and Procedures
Use Flex Dollars ($50 per semester) or pay out of pocket for these services:
- Optometry Services
- Dental Services
- Immunization Clinic, except as outlined above
- Travel Clinic
- Counseling Fee (part-time students only)
- Health Access Fee (part-time students only)
- Medical Records
- Voluntary or other services not medically necessary for the diagnosis or treatment of an illness or injury
RamCare pays up to $200 per semester for Prescriptions
Exclusions (pay out of pocket for these services):
- Late Fees
- No Show Fees
- Laboratory Services (Off-Site)
- Over-the-Counter Pharmacy Items
- DAY Program and associated testing
Note: Due to the nature of the insurance open enrollment cycle, this office experiences periods of high phone volume. Please consider emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as soon as possible.