CSU Health Network is every student’s on-campus home for health, regardless of their insurance plan. Students’ out-of-pocket costs are dependent on their health insurance plan benefits.
This page provides the following information about accessing care at the CSU Health Network:
- Eligibility and Access
- Service Charges
Eligibility and Access
FULL eligibility to access services at CSU Health Network:
- CSU-Fort Collins enrolled students (full-time and part-time)
- CSU Online students
- Participants in the following CSU sponsored programs: Upward Bound, Colorado School of Public Health and Research Experience for Undergraduates
LIMITED eligibility to access services at CSU Health Network:
- Students’ spouses and domestic partners – ONLY for couples counseling with enrolled student
NOT eligible to access services at CSU Health Network:
- CSU Global students
- Post-doctorate employees and post-doctorate graduate trainees
- Visiting scholars
- Students’ children/dependents
- Visitors to campus (including children or adults attending on-campus camps and/or events)
- CSU Vet Hospital interns
- Graduated students or students with terminated status
- Students on planned leave
- CSU faculty and staff
- CSU alumni and community members
Note: CSU Health Network Pharmacy is open to everyone.
Eligibility Coverage Periods
Summer 2020: May 18, 2020 – August 21, 2020
Fall 2020: August 17, 2020 – January 15, 2020
Spring 2021: January 19, 2021 – May 31, 2021
- Incoming first-year students, new transfer students and new graduate students can begin to access services one week prior to the first day of classes in their first enrolled semester. If summer semester is your first semester as an enrolled student, your access to services begins the first day of summer classes.
- Graduated students or students with a terminated status (including voluntary withdrawal): eligibility ends on date of graduation or date of terminated status. Student may continue to access services, under the previous semester fee, for up to 30 days following graduation or termination of student status in order to coordinate other care coverage, pending approval by the Director of Counseling, Director of Specialty Counseling, Director of Psychiatry, Director of Medical Services and/or the Director of Specialty Medical Services. This is applicable for any semester and for any insurance coverage, excluding the Student Health Insurance Plan*
*Students enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) may continue to utilize services at CSU Health Network until the expiration date of their SHIP enrollment.
CSU Health Network is a fee-funded service on campus. The CSU Health Network fee and the Counseling Fee (listed as “University Counseling Center”) are portions of CSU General Fees that each enrolled student pays. The fees allow access to all services, provide reduced rates in comparison to community providers, and offer comprehensive and integrated services, including Medical, Counseling and Health Education and Prevention Services. Referral, insurance education, and billing services are also included.
Click here to view the CSU General Fees Schedule (scroll down to “General Fee Schedule – detailed list of general fees”)
|Student Status||CSU Health Network fee||Counseling fee|
|Full Fee-paying students|
(6 or more credits)
|Automatically charged full fee each semester, regardless of health insurance coverage, as a portion of General Fees.||Automatically charged full fee each semester as portion of General Fees.|
|Partial fee-paying students|
(5 or fewer credits) enrolled in Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP)
|Charged full fee at mid-semester for fall and spring semesters. |
For summer, charged 50% of full fee only if medical (including eye medical), psychiatry or orthopedics, or allergy specialist services were utilized during summer.
|Charged full fee at mid-semester for fall and spring semesters.
For summer, charged 50% of full fee only if counseling services were utilized during summer.
|Partial fee-paying students|
(5 or fewer credits)
with private health insurance coverage
|Charged 50% of full fee at the end of the semester (including summer), only if medical (including eye medical), psychiatry or orthopedics, or allergy specialist services are utilized that semester.||Charged full fee at end of semester (including summer), only if counseling services were utilized that semester (including mandated services through DAY Program).|
For more information about student fees and eligibility, call (970) 491-7121.
Students’ out-of-pocket costs are dependent on their health insurance plan benefits.
- Students enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) are not required to pay co-pays, deductibles, or co-insurance for covered services within the CSU Health Network, unless they exceed the $1500 annual benefit limit. Visit the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) page for more details about covered services.
- For students with private/commercial health insurance coverage, CSU Health Network will submit service charges to the student’s health insurance carrier for payment. Students are responsible for any co-pays, co-insurance, or deductible amounts. It typically takes 30-45 days for an insurance carrier to process a claim. Payment for services not covered by a student’s health insurance plan may be made at the time of treatment with cash, check, or credit card; billed to the student’s account; or submitted to RamCare if student is enrolled in the program. Visit the Private Insurance Coverage Information page for more information.
- For students who have financially-qualified for Medicaid and Indian Health Service insurance coverage, primary care and psychiatry office visits will be provided at no additional cost. Financial Aid assistance may be available to help pay for the RamCare Supplement Program. Contact the Office of Financial Aid for more information.