The Physical Therapy department is located on the 1st floor of the CSU Health and Medical Center and includes two areas of services for CSU students: Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine/Orthopedics.
In many cases, physical therapy can be used to decrease pain, restore function and prevent the recurrence of musculoskeletal disorders. Our licensed physical therapists and movement experts can evaluate your injury or ailment and prescribe treatment programs customized for you.
- Treatment for acute and chronic injuries, such as sprains, strains, neck and low back pain, joint and muscle dysfunction
- Treatment for overuse and repetitive motion injuries
- Treatment for chronic headaches
- Balance and vestibular therapies
- Concussion management
- Pre and post-surgical care with an emphasis on orthopedic rehabilitation
- Treatment for Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction (TMD)
- Pain relief and management
- Trigger point dry needling
- Instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization
- Running analysis
- Orthotic devices (braces, splints and custom splinting)
- Ergonomic recommendations
- Pelvic Health PT
- Kinesiotaping and functional movement analysis
- Integrative Lifestyle Management
- Yoga Therapy
- Visceral Mobilization
For an appointment, call (970) 491-1735.
Sports Medicine/Orthopedics services are staffed by consulting physicians from the Northern Colorado community. Consultations are during specific time periods each week and require a referral from a CSU Health Network provider.
- Management of general orthopedic and sports related injuries
- Evaluation and treatment of hand/wrist injuries and pain
- Steroid injections
- Surgical consultations
- Splinting and casting
For more information, call (970) 491-1735.