The Immunizations Department administers immunizations required for admission, as well as those recommended for maintaining good health and for international travel. Located on the 2nd floor of the CSU Health and Medical Center, the Immunizations staff works closely with medical providers, campus partners, and the Larimer County Health Department to keep students and the CSU campus healthy and safe.
The following services are offered:
- Immunizations required for admission
- Immunizations recommended for maintaining good health, including flu vaccine
- Immunizations required or recommended for international travel (see Travel Medicine page for more information)
- Tuberculosis (TB) skin testing (available on a walk-in basis every day except Thursday) and TB blood testing (T-Spot available from 8am-2pm Monday through Friday)
- Information and handouts for all immunizations
- Information about registration holds and releases for required immunizations
- Official copies of immunization records are provided upon request
Immunizations are given to CSU students by appointment and on a walk-in basis. Call (970) 491-7121 to make an appointment or visit our Location, Hours and Parking page to see hours of operation for walk-in visits.
New Student Immunization Requirements
All incoming students are required to submit documented proof of specific vaccinations or laboratory evidence of immunity:
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) Vaccine: Colorado law requires every student to submit proof of two (2) valid vaccinations for measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) given no earlier than 4 days before the student’s first birthday. There must be at least 28 calendar days between the two vaccinations.
- Meningococcal (ACWY) Vaccine: Colorado law requires all students living on campus in student housing to either submit proof of meningitis vaccine given within the last five years, or to sign the Meningococcal waiver form. Currently, Meningitis A, C, Y, W-135 is required, not Meningitis B.
To learn more about this requirement, deadlines for submission, and how to submit your records, visit the Immunizations section of the New Student Checklist page.
You have the legal right to sign an exemption from these required vaccinations for personal, medical, or religious reasons. If you do so, you may be subject to quarantine and excluded from campus in the case of an outbreak. For more information, please call the CSU Health Network Immunization Clinic at (970) 491-7121.
New students can obtain these required immunizations at the CSU Health Network Immunizations Department. Call (970) 491-7121 to make an appointment.
Other Recommended Immunizations
Visit the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) website for more information about other recommended vaccines.
All incoming students are required to complete the online Tuberculosis Screening Questionnaire. This involves answering questions related to your risk for TB infection. Enrolled students can access the online questionnaire through their Student Health Portal. After logging in, click on the “pending forms” on the landing page or “My Forms” in the top navigation.
If a student answers “Yes” to any of the screening questions, a TB skin test or TB blood test will be recommended. (Students with a history of BCG vaccination should have a TB blood test instead of a TB skin test.)
Immunizations for International Travel
Other vaccinations, including those recommended or required for travel, are available. For details and information about travel health services, visit the CSU Health Network Travel Medicine page or call (970) 491-7121.