We will not be scheduling new appointments for non-urgent medical concerns at this time.This includes non-urgent appointments for dental services, optometry services, physical therapy, women’s care, transgender care, immunizations, allergy/asthma and other services. Call (970) 491-7121 for more information.
Fall 2020 Allergy and Asthma Service Updates
- Allergy injections are by appointment only. Call (970) 491-7121 during operating hours to speak with a scheduling representative.
- There will not be an allergist on-site for Fall 2020.
- We are not performing pulmonary function testing at this time.
Services are available for students with asthma or chronic allergies. Staffed by registered nurses with training in allergy and asthma care, and located on the 2nd floor of the CSU Health and Medical Center in the Immunizations Department, we work with local allergy/asthma specialist physicians and CSU Health Network primary care providers to address your needs and manage your condition.
Services provided include:
- Educational support including instruction in the correct use of medications and inhalers, nasal saline washes, and environmental controls
- Immunotherapy injections (allergy shots)
- Pulmonary function testing (as ordered by a provider)
- Appointments with an allergy and asthma physician specialist are available on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month during the academic year from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Nebulizer treatments for acute exacerbations of asthma
- Emergency management of acute allergic or anaphylactic reactions when needed
How to Access Allergy & Asthma Services
- New Students/Patients: If you have asthma or chronic allergies, we encourage you to make an appointment with a CSU Health Network primary care provider when you begin your studies at CSU. Your primary care provider, in conjunction with your allergist and the CSU Health Network allergy nurses, can assist you with management of your condition, medication refills, and prescription assistance (if you qualify).
- Allergy Injections:
- We encourage you to make an appointment for your allergy injections. Appointments can be scheduled for the entire semester, and you will receive an email reminder prior to each visit. Appointments can be scheduled in person or over the phone.
- Patients who walk in without an appointment may have to wait longer. Priority is given to students who have an appointment.