Committed to helping CSU students achieve optimum ocular health
- Open to all enrolled CSU students
- Affordable, convenient and quality care
- Staffed by board-certified therapeutic optometrist
- Services include professional exams, contact lenses, and diagnostic care
- Featuring state-of-the-art equipment, instruments and technology
- Located on-campus on the 2nd floor of the CSU Health and Medical Center
Optometry Services include:
Professional Eye Exams
- Contact lens fitting
- Red eye contact lens treatment
- Contact lens orders and refills
- Colored contacts
- Halloween costume contacts
Treatment of eye diseases and conditions
- Red eye problems
- Foreign body removal
- Other conditions causing ocular pain or vision problems
Diagnosis and treatment of dry eyes
Co-managing refractive surgeries, such as Lasik
To make an appointment, call (970) 491-1738.
Costs and payment:
- Services are provided at reduced rates compared to community providers
- Fees vary for services. Contact (970) 491-1738 for more information.
- Payment is not required at time of service. Options for payment include:
- Can be billed to your CSU student account in the Office of Financial Aid
- If you are enrolled in the CSU Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP), you can use the $250 per year allowed for non-covered services (“flex dollars”) to pay for Optometry Services at CSU Health Network.
- If you are enrolled in the RamCare Supplement Program, you can use the $50 per semester allowed for non-covered services (“flex dollars”) to pay for Optometry Services at CSU Health Network.
- CSU Health Network Optometry Services does not bill private insurance (except in the case of medical eye problems and treatment), but can provide receipts/documentation for private insurance or flex spending account reimbursement.
- Students enrolled in the CSU Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) who are under the age of 19 receive special benefits for vision services, including one routine eye exam per year, contact lenses, and glasses, at no additional charge. Contact the Optometry Department at (970) 491-1738 for more information.
- For more information about payment options, contact Optometry Services at (970) 491-1738.