Phone Support and Drop-In AvailabilityFor the safety of our staff (in support of social distancing guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control) our phone support and drop-in availability has been temporarily suspended. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as soon as possible.
CSU’s Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) provides comprehensive coverage on campus as well as in the community and nationally.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
COVID-19 information for CSU students with Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) coverage
Updated March 18, 2020
Accessing In-Person Medical Services:
- CSU Health Network is open for limited services to serve students in the Fort Collins area.
- If you need to access care through a provider or facility outside CSU Health Network:
- Make sure you download your personalized health insurance card BEFORE going to an outside provider or facility. Instructions can be found here. If you need assistance, please call AmeriBen at 855-258-2656.
- To limit your out-of-pocket costs, try to see providers in the Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Network whenever possible. You can search for providers on the Anthem website. Deductibles and co-pays will apply – please reference the SHIP brochures for details.
- If you are in the Fort Collins area and need to seek care when the CSU Health Network is closed (after-hours, weekends, holidays), you can find detailed information and options on our After-Hours and Emergency Care page. Always call ahead before visiting a healthcare provider or facility.
Accessing Online Medical and Counseling Visits via Anthem’s LiveHealth Online Service:
- At this time, CSU students enrolled in SHIP can seek medical and behavioral health (mental health/counseling) services online through Anthem’s LiveHealth online service at no cost. Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to register and use LiveHealth online
- This is a great option to consider if you have a non-urgent medical or counseling concern or are concerned about seeking in-person care.
- All COVID-19 testing, including the office visit or urgent care visit, is covered with no out-of-pocket cost to the patient (whether test results are positive or negative).
- Please be aware that the current protocol will only allow COVID-19 testing if you meet the minimum criteria for testing AND you must have an order from your healthcare provider before receiving a test. Always call ahead before visiting a healthcare provider or facility.
- If you are in the Fort Collins area, CSU Health Network Pharmacy can fill your prescription with no cost sharing. Visit Location, Hours and Parking page for current Pharmacy hours of operation, and call (970) 491-1402 if you have questions.
- Prescriptions filled outside of the CSU Health Network Pharmacy will require you to have your Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance Card. Prescription costs are $10 (generic), $35 (brand), $60 (specialty). You may call the RX member service number on the back of your insurance card if you wish to use mail order services (co-pays apply). Learn more about the basics of filling prescriptions, including home delivery.
- Waiver Process Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – View this pdf for additional details about the waiver process.
- Information on accessing your SHIP Insurance Card
- Domestic Student Waiver
- International/INTO Student Waiver
- Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) for International Students
- Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) for Domestic Students
- RamCare Supplemental Program
- Glossary of Insurance Terms – an educational reference to assist you in understanding the most commonly used terms related to insurance coverage.
- Live Health Online Overview