CSU’s Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) provides comprehensive coverage on campus as well as in the community and nationally.
Enrollment in SHIP for Spring 2023 is now open!
If you’ve had a qualifying life event and you want to enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan, please submit the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days of loss of coverage.
Accessing In-Person Medical Services:
There is $0 cost share (no copay, deductible or coinsurance) for most services provided to SHIP (Student Health Insurance Plan) enrolled students at the CSU Health Network (CSUHN). Students should access services at the CSUHN before seeking medical care in the community.
- If you need to access care through a provider or facility outside CSU Health Network:
- Make sure you download your personalized health insurance card BEFORE going to an outside provider or facility. Instructions can be found here. If you need assistance, please call AmeriBen at 855-258-2656.
- To limit your out-of-pocket costs, try to see providers in the Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Network whenever possible. You can search for providers on the Anthem website. Deductibles and co-pays will apply – please reference the SHIP brochures for details.
- If you are in the Fort Collins area and need to seek care when the CSU Health Network is closed (after-hours, weekends, holidays), you can find detailed information and options on our After-Hours and Emergency Care page.
Accessing Online Medical and Counseling Visits via AcademicLiveCare Online Service:
- CSU students enrolled in SHIP can seek medical and behavioral health (mental health/counseling) services online through AcademicLiveCare online service with $0 co-pay per visit (not subject to deductible). Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to register and use AcademicLiveCare online.
- This is a great option to consider if you have a non-urgent medical or counseling concern or are concerned about seeking in-person care.
- CSU Health Network Pharmacy can fill your prescription with no cost sharing. Visit Location, Hours and Parking page for current Pharmacy hours of operation, and call (970) 491-1402 if you have questions.
- Prescriptions filled outside of the CSU Health Network Pharmacy will require you to have your Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance Card. Prescription costs are $10 (generic), $35 (brand), $60 (specialty). You may call the RX member service number on the back of your insurance card if you wish to use mail order services (co-pays apply). Learn more about the basics of filling prescriptions, including home delivery.
COVID-19 Vaccine, Testing and Treatment- updated May 26, 2022
- The COVID-19 vaccine will be covered at no cost until further notice, regardless of which doctor or healthcare professional you choose to visit for the vaccination. All COVID-19 testing (in network), including the office visit or urgent care visit, is covered with no out-of-pocket cost to the patient (whether test results are positive or negative) until further notice. Testing must be ordered by a doctor.
- You can be reimbursed for over-the-counter COVID-19 diagnostic tests starting on January 15, 2022. You do not need a doctor’s order for the over-the-counter diagnostic test. Reimbursement is available only during the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- Save your receipts when you purchase over-the-counter COVID-19 diagnostic tests. You’ll need to submit them when you apply for reimbursement.
- COVID-19 treatment is covered with no cost sharing (in-network) until further notice.
- Antibody or non-medically necessary COVID-19 testing is not covered. Check with your local health department for potential free testing options.
Questions? Contact the CSU Health Insurance office at
Note: Due to the nature of the insurance open enrollment cycle, this office experiences periods of high phone volume. Please consider emailing us at email@example.com and we will respond as soon as possible.
Helpful Information about SHIP
- Accessing SHIP Insurance Card
- Accessing Care Outside of CSU Health Network
- Find an Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield In-Network Provider
Accessing your Digital SHIP Insurance Card
CSU offers a digital ID card for students enrolled in SHIP. Your member ID card will be available on the plan start date. You’ll receive an email from AmeriBen once your ID card is ready to download. You’ll be able to email or fax it from your smartphone or computer. If you would like a physical ID card, contact Member Services at 1-855-258-2656. You can learn more about accessing your SHIP insurance card here.
- Waiver Process Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – View this pdf for additional details about the waiver process.
- Information on accessing your SHIP Insurance Card
- Domestic Student Waiver
- International Student Waiver
- Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) for International Students
- Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) for Domestic Students
- RamCare Supplemental Program
- Glossary of Insurance Terms – an educational reference to assist you in understanding the most commonly used terms related to insurance coverage.
- AcademicLiveCare Overview
- Rights and Protections Against Surprise Medical Bills
- Anthem At-Home COVID Test Reimbursement Form