CSU Health Network is every CSU student’s on-campus home for health and well-being. All CSU students have full access to the wide range of medical, counseling, and health education and prevention services, regardless of their insurance plan.
What is the health insurance requirement?
Domestic students taking six or more resident instruction hours and international students enrolled at any credit level are required to have health insurance that meets CSU, state, and federal regulations.
Domestic students can meet the requirement by electing coverage through an individual/family/employer health insurance plan or enrolling in the University-sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP).
Students must meet the health insurance requirement their first semester at CSU and every semester thereafter.
What insurance plans are accepted by CSU Health Network?
CSU Health Network is an in-network provider with most major insurance carriers and can file claims with them. Students’ out-of-pocket costs are dependent on their health insurance plan benefits. We suggest contacting your insurance carrier in advance to see how your plan will cover visits to the CSU Health Network.
The following information will be helpful when checking about coverage with your insurance carrier:
- CSU Health Network Tax ID #: 846000545
- CSU Health Network NPI #: 1528156437
- Please note that some insurance providers are only able to identify in-network status through the individual provider NPI. Individual provider NPI numbers can be found on our Meet the Staff: Primary Care page.
How does insurance billing and payment work at the CSU Health Network?
Students will need to present a copy of their insurance card (or show a picture of it on their phone) at every visit at the CSU Health Network.
If a student has private insurance coverage, CSU Health Network will file claims with the student’s insurance carrier, and students are responsible for applicable co-pays, co-insurance, deductibles and any non-covered services. These charges will be applied to the student’s account and can be paid through the RamWeb page. Students can also pay in the Billing Department, located in the Business Services suite on the 2nd floor of the CSU Health and Medical Center, during normal business hours.
What is the CSU Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP)?
The CSU-sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) is designed specifically for CSU students. It is a comprehensive PPO plan designed to comply with state and federal laws, save students time and money, and provide convenient access to quality medical care on and off campus.
Students enrolled in SHIP receive benefits within the CSU Health Network and when services are utilized off-campus at hundreds of hospitals and medical offices across Colorado and worldwide.
What is the RamCare Supplement Program?
Designed for students who have private health insurance coverage, RamCare is an inexpensive way to help cover out-of-pocket expenses, such as co-pays, co-insurance, or deductibles, related to the treatment of illness, injury or accident or related services at the CSU Health Network.
- Glossary of Insurance Terms– an educational reference to assist you in understanding the most commonly used terms related to insurance coverage.
- Health Insurance Requirement
- New Student Checklist
- Domestic Student Waiver
- International/INTO Student Waiver
- Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) for Domestic Students
- Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) for International/INTO Students
- RamCare Supplement Program
- Private Health Insurance Billing
- Health Insurance Coverage Information