Services update in response to COVID-19.In-person services and consultations by telehealth are available for some routine care. Call (970) 491-7121 to inquire about an appointment.
Affirming Support for Trans* StudentsCSU Health Network will continue to support the rights of our transgender, non-binary, gender non-conforming, and intersex students. Proposed federal changes to Title IX will not impact services provided by CSU Health Network or services covered by the University-sponsored Student Health Insurance Policy (SHIP). Click here to view full Statement of Support for Trans and Non-Binary Students.
The Transgender Health Team at the CSU Health Network is a multidisciplinary team committed to providing comprehensive gender-affirming care for transgender, gender non-conforming, and gender-questioning students at Colorado State University.
We acknowledge that the first appointment can be scary and often folks have a lot of questions. Trans Health Care varies from person to person and each appointment will look different. However, we want to provide you with a few things you can expect in your first appointment.
- At the CSU Health Network, we will affirm your gender by using your chosen names and correct pronouns, regardless of any proposed federal changes.
- We commit to being open to feedback if there are better ways of serving any of our students to ensure a welcoming and affirming experience.
- You will not be asked to prove your gender identity or any other part of your identity.
- We practice using the informed consent model. This means that we seek to provide you with as much information as possible in order for you to make the best informed decision about your care. Please ask questions.
- At your first appointment you will be asked health history questions, and family history. Some of these questions can be triggering and uncomfortable, we will work with you to support you through the process. If a question is particularly difficult you do not have to answer.
- We will discuss what types of care you are interested in learning about (hormone therapy, referrals for surgery).
- An exam will likely not be done at your first appointment. Depending on the care you are needing it is likely at some point we will need to do one.
The clinic is located in the Women’s and Gender Care Clinic. These providers have the most experience with hormones and are the ones who would prescribe you medications. Please call (970) 491-2569 to schedule an appointment.
If you are seeking care for general illnesses (flu, mental health, colds, asthma etc.) you may need to see a provider in the medical clinic. We can support you in finding a medical provider to meet your needs beyond gender care.
Transgender care services offered:
Initiation of hormone therapy and ongoing care
Mental health consultations
Services are open to all CSU students, regardless of insurance plan. CSU Health Network is an in-network medical provider with most major insurance carriers and can file claims with private insurance.
Meet the Transgender Health Team:
- Cherie Worford, MD (pronouns – she, her, hers)
- Jill Vesty, FNP (pronouns – she, her, hers)
- Emily Morse, DNP (pronouns – she, her, hers)
- Danna Quinn, FNP (pronouns – she, her, hers)
- Laurie Borthwick, FNP (pronouns – she, her, hers)
- Mandy Frale, RN (pronouns – she, her, hers)
- Gretchen Holt, CMA (pronouns – she, her, hers)
- Amalia Ornelas, CMA (pronouns – she, her, hers)
- Chloe Wright, PhD (pronouns – she, her, hers)
- Helen Bowden, PhD (pronouns – she, her, hers)
Student Case Management
- Shana Ryken (pronouns – she, her, hers)
- Sagarika Sarma (pronouns – she, her, hers)
Pride Resource Center
- Maggie Hendrickson (pronouns- they, them, theirs)
- Associates in Family Medicine- Dr. David Schmidt and Dr. Stacie Johns
- Family Medicine Center
Resources at CSU
- Counseling Services Groups and Workshops
- Pride Resource Center
- Student Case Management
- Meet the Staff: Primary Care
- Meet the Staff: Counseling Services
- Meet the Staff: Psychiatry
- Make A Medical Appointment
- Make A Counseling Appointment
- Location, Hours and Parking
- After-Hours and Emergency Care for Students
- Using Health Insurance at the CSU Health Network