Enrollment in SHIP for Fall Semester is now closed.
Important Forms and Information
- Using the Student Health Insurance Plan
- In-Network Provider Directory
- Information on accessing your SHIP insurance card
- RamCare Supplemental Program
- Glossary of Insurance Terms – an educational reference to assist you in understanding the most commonly used terms related to insurance coverage.
- Rights and Protections Against Surprise Medical Bills
- AcademicLiveCare Overview
About CSU-Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross is the insurance carrier
- AmeriBen is the claims administrator
SHIP Benefits within CSU Health Network:
Co-pays and deductibles for medical services or prescriptions do not apply when enrolled students utilize services within CSU Health Network
- Medical Services
- Lab Tests*
- *Lab tests drawn at CSU Health Network but sent to an outside lab for processing will be subject to the plan deductible and coinsurance.
- Tests/Procedures including minor Surgical Procedures
- Physical Therapy
- NEW for 2022/2023! SHIP Dental plan (beginning August 1) available to use at CSU Health Network and with Anthem Dental Complete community providers (up to $1500 in services annually, paid at 100% for prevention care (2x year), 80% minor restorative, 50% major restorative, some exclusions apply).
Flex Dollars: $150 per academic year available to use toward non-covered services at CSU Health Network:
- Optometry Services
- Travel consultation and necessary vaccinations related to personal travel
- Medical Records
- Voluntary or other services not medically necessary for the diagnosis or treatment of an illness or injury
- Includes physicals for employment/military/sports or volunteering
Please note: Flex will no longer be available to cover Health Network Access Fees for part time students beginning Fall 2022.
SHIP Benefits Outside of CSU Health Network:
- Deductible is $1,000 In-Network / $2,000 Out-of-Network
- Out of Pocket Maximum is $6,850 In-Network / $13,700 Out-of-Network
- NEW for 2022/2023 Greater Access to Mental Health Care (psychiatry, behavioral health, counseling): no co-pay/no co-insurance/no deductible In-Person, Outpatient Care via Anthem In-Network (community) providers. Students can search for in-network providers on the Anthem website.
- NEW for 2022/2023 SHIP Dental plan (beginning August 1) available to use at CSU Health Network and with Anthem Dental Complete community providers (up to $1500 in services annually, paid at 100% for prevention care (2x year), 80% minor restorative, 50% major restorative, some exclusions apply).
- Prescriptions co-pay tiers $10 generic /$35 brand /$60 specialty
- Lab services drawn at CSU Health Network but sent to an outside lab will be subject to the plan deductible and coinsurance.
|Summer 2023 Only||$901|
(Enroll/Cancel by 9/7/22)
(Enroll/Cancel by 2/1/22)
|Summer 2023 Only||5/1/23-7/31/23|
Who is eligible to enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan?
- All domestic undergraduate students enrolled in at least six resident instruction credit hours during the Fall and Spring semesters are eligible for coverage.
- Domestic undergraduate students enrolled in a combination of six or more resident instruction and online credits.
- Undergraduate domestic students enrolled in less than six resident instruction credits during the Fall and Spring semesters are not eligible for coverage.
- Graduate students enrolled in less than six resident instruction credits (including CR) may voluntarily enroll by completing an online enrollment form by the University Add/Drop date (approximately two weeks after classes begin).
How does a student enroll in the Domestic Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP)?
Eligible students taking 6 or more resident instruction credits should enroll by visiting the Student Insurance Enrollment and Waiver Portal and validating their enrollment.
Note: Graduate students taking five or less credits and CSU Online student enrolled in six or more credits must complete the online enrollment form to confirm enrollment.
If you do not validate your enrollment prior to the Add/Drop date you will be automatically enrolled in SHIP. Failure to confirm enrollment in SHIP prior to two weeks before the start of the fall semester will result in a delay in accessing your benefits.
No enrollment or cancellations may be made after the University Add/Drop date. Students are responsible for viewing their online Colorado State University Online Account Statements prior to the University Add/Drop date to ensure that it reflects the intended level of Student Health Insurance Plan enrollment.
As a graduate student, how do I know if I am eligible for the Graduate School Assistantship Health Insurance Contribution?
The Graduate School provides a health insurance contribution exclusively to help offset the cost of health insurance through CSU’s Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP). The Graduate School health insurance contribution is provided to graduate assistants who meet ALL criteria each fall and/or spring semester. Learn more about the criteria here.
Any graduate student receiving the Assistantship Health Insurance Contribution must first positively enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP).
Questions regarding the CSU’s Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) should be directed to the CSU Health Network at 970-491-2457.
Questions regarding the Graduate School health insurance contribution should be directed to the Graduate School at 970-491-6817.
Accessing Services Off-Campus
Students who need health care should access CSU Health Network first for treatment because there is no copay, deductible or coinsurance for most services provided here. Students can also obtain a referral to an in-network provider by visiting CSU Health Network.
Benefits will be paid at a higher level if students access services from an Anthem PPO in-network provider. Students are strongly encouraged to utilize these providers whenever possible to reduce their out-of-pocket expenses.
Individuals enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP), who obtain services from an in-network provider, will usually not be required to submit a claim form; most offices will directly bill your insurance. However, if you receive a bill from a provider’s office, you can submit the claim for processing within 90 days of the service date (see claim forms below).
For information on After Hours and Emergency Care, please click here.
How do I file a claim for off-campus services if not submitted by my provider?
In or Out-of-Network Claim Forms
- To file a Medical claim (CO and CA only), please fill out the following Anthem Claim Form.
- To file a Medical claim (all states except CO and CA), please fill out the following Anthem Claim Form.
- To file a Pharmacy claim, please fill out the IngenioRx Form.
- To file an out-of-country claim (for medical services outside the U.S.), please reference the GeoBlue Student Member Guide.
- Claims must be submitted within 90 days of the date of treatment or services.
Visit MyAmeriBen.com where you can check the status of a submitted claim, view your benefits, find an in-network provider, or submit a request for assistance – all through a secure, password protected system.
Does CSU provide insurance coverage options for students’ dependents, spouses, or domestic partners?
CSU has found that health insurance coverage for students’ dependents, spouses or domestic partners is most affordable through the open market. The Colorado Health Insurance Exchange is a marketplace where Coloradans can shop for and buy health insurance based on quality and price. The Exchange also provides financial assistance to people with certain income levels to reduce up-front costs.
- Find a Health Insurance Plan for a Dependent, Spouse or Domestic Partner
- Schedule an Appointment with a Health Guide
Questions? Contact the CSU Health Insurance office at
Note: Due to the nature of the insurance open enrollment cycle, this office experiences periods of high phone volume. Please consider emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as soon as possible.