Important Forms and Information
Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) Enrollment Forms
Undergraduate or Graduate Students taking six or more credits must complete the online enrollment form below to confirm enrollment.
Graduate students taking five or less credits must complete the online enrollment form below to confirm enrollment.
CSU Online students enrolled in six or more credits must complete the online enrollment form below to confirm enrollment.
Quick Facts for Domestic Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP):
- Anthem Blue Cross is the insurance carrier
- AmeriBen is the claims administrator
Within CSU Health Network
- Co-pays and deductibles for medical services or prescriptions do not apply when enrolled students utilize services within CSU Health Network
- Services include:
- Medical Services
- Lab Tests (processed at the CSUHN)
- Tests/Procedures including minor Surgical Procedures
- Physical Therapy
- Flex Dollars: $100 per academic year available to use toward:
- Optometry Services
- Dental Services
- Massage Therapy
- Travel Services related to personal travel
- Counseling Fee
- Health Access Fee
- Medical Records
- Voluntary or other services not medically necessary for the diagnosis or treatment of an illness or injury
Outside of CSU Health Network
- Deductible is $1,000 In-Network / $2,000 Out-of-Network
- Out of Pocket Maximum is $6,850 In-Network / $13,700 Out-of-Network
- Prescriptions co-pay tiers $10 generic /$35 brand /$60 specialty
- Lab services drawn at CSU Health Network but sent to an outside lab will be subject to the plan deductible and coinsurance.
See Plan Benefits Brochure for detailed information
(Enroll/Cancel by 9/11/19)
(Enroll/Cancel by 2/5/20)
Who is eligible to enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan?
- All domestic undergraduate students enrolled in at least six resident instruction credit hours during the Fall and Spring semesters are eligible for coverage.
- Undergraduate domestic students enrolled in less than six resident instruction credits during the Fall and Spring semesters are not eligible for coverage.
- Graduate students enrolled in less than six resident instruction credits (including CR) may voluntarily enroll by completing an online enrollment form by the University Add/Drop date (approximately two weeks after classes begin).
- Students taking less than 6 resident instruction credits are not charged the University General Fees, therefore, the health access and counseling fees are added to the student’s account approximately 4-6 weeks after the beginning of the semester.
- Domestic undergraduate students enrolled in a combination of six or more resident instruction and online credits may voluntarily enroll by completing an online enrollment form by the University add/drop date.
How does a student enroll in the Domestic Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP)?
Eligible students taking 6 or more resident instruction credits should enroll by visiting the Student Insurance Enrollment and Waiver Portal and validating their enrollment (see top of page for button link).
Note: Graduate students taking five or less credits and CSU Online student enrolled in six or more credits must complete the online enrollment form to confirm enrollment.
If you do not validate your enrollment prior to the Add/Drop date you will be automatically enrolled in SHIP. Failure to confirm enrollment in SHIP prior to two weeks before the start of the fall semester will result in a delay in accessing your benefits.
No enrollment or cancellations may be made after the University Add/Drop date. Students are responsible for viewing their online Colorado State University Online Account Statements prior to the University Add/Drop date to ensure that it reflects the intended level of Student Health Insurance Plan enrollment.
Accessing Services Off-Campus
Students who need health care should access CSU Health Network first for treatment or to obtain a referral to an in-network provider.
Benefits will be paid at a higher level if students access services from an Anthem PPO in-network provider. Students are strongly encouraged to utilize these providers whenever possible to reduce their out-of-pocket expenses.
Individuals enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP), who obtain services from an in-network provider, will usually not be required to submit a claim form; most offices will directly bill your insurance. However, if you receive a bill from a provider’s office, you can submit the claim for processing within 90 days of the service date (see claim forms below).
For information on After Hours and Emergency Care, please click here.
How do I file a claim for off-campus services if not submitted by my provider?
In or Out-of-Network Claim Forms
- To file a Medical claim (CO and CA only), please fill out the following Anthem Claim Form.
- To file a Medical claim (all states except CO and CA), please fill out the following Anthem Claim Form.
- To file a Pharmacy claim, please fill out the IngenioRx Form.
- To file an out-of-country claim (for medical services outside the U.S.), please fill out the GlobalCore Form.
- Claims must be submitted within 90 days of the date of treatment or services.
Visit MyAmeriBen.com where you can check the status of a submitted claim, view your benefits, find an in-network provider, or submit a request for assistance – all through a secure, password protected system.
Does CSU provide insurance coverage options for students’ dependents, spouses, or domestic partners?
CSU has found that health insurance coverage for students’ dependents, spouses or domestic partners is most affordable through the open market. The Colorado Health Insurance Exchange is a marketplace where Coloradans can shop for and buy health insurance based on quality and price. The Exchange also provides financial assistance to people with certain income levels to reduce up-front costs.
- Find a Health Insurance Plan for a Dependent, Spouse or Domestic Partner
- Schedule an Appointment with a Health Guide
- Coverage for Dependents, Spouses, or Domestic Partners Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Questions? Contact the CSU Health Insurance office at
Note: Due to the nature of the insurance open enrollment cycle, this office experiences periods of high phone volume. Please consider emailing us at email@example.com and we will respond as soon as possible.