Important Forms and Information
Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) Enrollment Forms
Enrollment in the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) for Spring/Summer 2020 semester(s) will open December 4, 2019.
Quick Facts for Domestic Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP):
- Anthem Blue Cross is insurance carrier
- AmeriBen is claims administrator
- Co-pays and deductibles for medical services or prescriptions do not apply when enrolled students utilize services within CSU Health Network
- Includes Flex Benefits of $100 per year toward:
- Optometry Services
- Dental Services
- Massage Therapy
- Travel Services related to personal travel
- Counseling Fee
- Health Access Fee
- Medical Records
- Voluntary or other services not medically necessary for the diagnosis or treatment of an illness or injury
- Deductible is $1,000 Preferred Provider / $2,000 Out-of-Network for services received outside CSU Health Network
- Out-of Pocket Maximum is $6,850 Preferred Provider / $13,700 Out-of-Network
- Prescriptions filled outside of CSU Health Network have three co-pay tiers $10/$35/$60
- Lab services drawn at CSU Health Network but sent to an outside lab will be subject to the plan deductible and coinsurance.
- See Plan Benefits Brochure for detailed information
|Summer Only 2019||$888|
|Summer 2019 Only||5/1/19-7/31/19|
(Enroll/Cancel by 9/11/19)
(Enroll/Cancel by 2/5/20)
Who is eligible to enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan?
- All domestic undergraduate students enrolled in at least six resident instruction credit hours during the Fall and Spring semesters are eligible for coverage.
- Undergraduate domestic students enrolled in less than six resident instruction credits during the Fall and Spring semesters are not eligible for coverage.
- Graduate students enrolled in less than six resident instruction credits (including CR) may voluntarily enroll by completing an online enrollment form by the University Add/Drop date (approximately two weeks after classes begin).
- Students taking less than 6 resident instruction credits are not charged the University General Fees, therefore, the health access and counseling fees are added to the student’s account approximately 4-6 weeks after the beginning of the semester.
- Domestic undergraduate students enrolled in a combination of six or more resident instruction and online credits may voluntarily enroll by completing an online enrollment form by the University add/drop date.
How does a student enroll in the Domestic Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP)?
Eligible students taking 6 or more resident instruction credits should enroll by visiting the Student Insurance Enrollment and Waiver Portal and validating their enrollment (see top of page for button link).
Note: Graduate students taking five or less credits and CSU Online student enrolled in six or more credits must complete the online enrollment form to confirm enrollment.
If you do not validate your enrollment prior to the Add/Drop date you will be automatically enrolled in SHIP. Failure to confirm enrollment in SHIP prior to two weeks before the start of the fall semester will result in a delay in accessing your benefits.
No enrollment or cancellations may be made after the University Add/Drop date. Students are responsible for viewing their online Colorado State University Online Account Statements prior to the University Add/Drop date to ensure that it reflects the intended level of Student Health Insurance Plan enrollment.
Can a student opt out of the Student Health Insurance Plan coverage and related charges?
Students enrolled in 6 or more resident instruction credits wishing to waive the plan must demonstrate proof of comparable coverage by completing the online waiver process. Students who have been granted a waiver in the fall semester will be automatically waived in the spring semester. Click here to learn more about the online waiver process.
Does CSU provide insurance coverage options for students’ dependents, spouses, or domestic partners?
CSU has found that health insurance coverage for students’ dependents, spouses or domestic partners is most affordable through the open market. The Colorado Health Insurance Exchange is a marketplace where Coloradans can shop for and buy health insurance based on quality and price. The Exchange also provides financial assistance to people with certain income levels to reduce up-front costs.
- Find a Health Insurance Plan for a Dependent, Spouse or Domestic Partner
- Schedule an Appointment with a Health Guide
- Coverage for Dependents, Spouses, or Domestic Partners Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I file a claim for out-of-network services?
- To file a Medical claim (CO and CA only), please fill out the following Anthem Claim Form.
- To file a Medical claim (all states except CO and CA), please fill out the following Anthem Claim Form.
- To file a Pharmacy claim, please fill out the IngenioRx Form.
- To file an out-of-country claim (for medical services outside the U.S.), please fill out the GlobalCore Form.
Note: Due to the nature of the insurance open enrollment cycle, this office experiences periods of high phone volume. Please consider emailing us at email@example.com and we will respond as soon as possible.