Why did this happen to me?
Does life have meaning?
How do I find peace?
Spiritual Care services are here to support you as you explore life’s questions, experiences, and transitions.
We don’t provide answers. Instead, we support you in a safe, nonjudgmental space to help you process your questions and find your own answers.
Spiritual Care services are:
- Open to all beliefs, faiths, cultures, and identities (including those who do not identify as religious or spiritual)
- FREE for all CSU students, faculty and staff
- Helpful if you are
- Experiencing grief, loss, spiritual struggles, conflicted beliefs, existential exploration
- Looking for spiritual community or faith and belief resources
- In a vulnerable time and facing challenges of meaning, purpose or connectedness
How to Access Spiritual Care Services
- Individual Sessions: Schedule an individual, one-on-one session with a spiritual care professional by calling (970) 491-7121 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Workshops: Connect with others who share your concerns, goals or values. Register by calling (970) 491-7121 or emailing email@example.com. Spring 2018 workshops include:
- Caring for Grief and Loss: In this educational community circle, experience readings, ritual, mindfulness, silence and listening ears as we tell our stories. You can attend one or all sessions. We will share tools and tips, experiences and struggles. Join us as we move together through this shared journey of joy and sorrow, the gifts and grief of life. July 11- August 8, 3:30-5pm, Conference room 3013
- Eco-Spirituality: The rustling leaves. The raven’s cry. The sunset reflected in a pool of water. What entices you to switch off the screen and step outdoors? Inclusive of all belief systems, this experiential group is for those looking to deepen their experience of the natural world. We will engage science, spiritual practice, and our animal senses to explore our place in this ecosystem, build skills, and practice techniques to engage the living earth with newfound awareness. May 22- June 12, 4:30-5:45pm. 1/2 Day retreat June 9, 9:30 a.m.- 1:30 p.m. Conference room 2012
- Group Session or Presentation: Request a spiritual care presentation or group session for your student organization, department or class. Visit the Request a Presentation page for more information and to submit your online request.
What takes place in an individual spiritual care session?
- Spiritual care is available to provide professional companionship through difficult times, co-create meaning, and assist you to find life-giving resources.
- Besides listening and dialogue, you may access creative ritual, song, poetry, prayer, and any number of spiritual/religious practices.