Quick Facts for International Student Health Insurance Plan:
- Anthem Blue Cross is insurance carrier
- AmeriBen is claims administrator
- Deductible is $500 Preferred Provider / $1,000 Out-of-Network
- Out-of Pocket Maximum is $6,850 Preferred Provider / $13,700 Out-of-Network
- Prescription co-pay has three tiers $10/$35/$60
- Co-pays and deductibles do not apply when enrolled students utilize services within the CSU Health Network
- Includes Flex Benefits of $100 per year for dental, vision, and other specific services rendered at the CSU Health Network
- Charges for diagnostic lab services (excluding preventive or wellness services) sent to an outside lab will be subject to the plan deductible and coinsurance.
- See Plan Benefits Brochure for detailed information
|Summer Only 2018||$407|
Who is eligible to enroll in the International Student Health Insurance Plan?
International students are subject to the mandatory insurance requirement and are enrolled in the plan upon registration with the University.
Can a student opt out of the International Student Health Insurance Plan coverage and related charges?
University policy requires mandatory demonstrated comparable health insurance for all International Students. International Students (both graduate, undergraduate, and continuous registration) who are enrolled at CSU, regardless of credit level, will be automatically enrolled in the plan each semester.
International students wishing to waive the plan must demonstrate proof of comparable coverage by completing the waiver process (link to waiver form). Students who have been granted a waiver in the fall semester will be automatically waived in the spring semester.
Does CSU provide insurance coverage options for students’ dependents, spouses, or domestic partners?
CSU has found that health insurance coverage for students’ dependents, spouses or domestic partners is most affordable through the open market. The Colorado Health Insurance Exchange is a marketplace where Coloradans can shop for and buy health insurance based on quality and price. The Exchange also provides financial assistance to people with certain income levels to reduce up-front costs.
- Find a Health Insurance Plan for a Dependent, Spouse or Domestic Partner
- Schedule an Appointment with a Health Guide
- Coverage for Dependents, Spouses, or Domestic Partners Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Additional options available for International Students’ dependents, spouses, or domestic partners include:
How do I find an in-network provider and file a claim?
- To file a Pharmacy claim, please fill out the Express Scripts form.
- To file a Medical claim, please fill out the Anthem Claim form.
Note: Due to the nature of the insurance open enrollment cycle, this office experiences periods of high phone volume. If the line is busy when you call, please leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible.