Quick Facts for International Student Health Insurance Plan:
- Anthem Blue Cross is the insurance carrier
- AmeriBen is the claims administrator
Within CSU Health Network
- Co-pays and deductibles for medical services or prescriptions do not apply when enrolled students utilize services within CSU Health Network
- Services include:
- Medical Services
- Lab Tests (processed at the CSUHN)
- Tests/Procedures including minor Surgical Procedures
- Physical Therapy
- Flex Dollars: $100 per academic year available to use toward:
- Optometry Services
- Dental Services
- Massage Therapy
- Travel Services related to personal travel
- Counseling Fee
- Health Access Fee
- Medical Records
- Voluntary or other services not medically necessary for the diagnosis or treatment of an illness or injury
Outside CSU Health Network
- Deductible is $500 In-Network / $1,000 Out-of-Network
- Out of Pocket Maximum is $6,850 In-Network / $13,700 Out-of-Network
- Prescriptions co-pay tiers $10 generic /$35 brand /$60 specialty
- Lab services drawn at CSU Health Network but sent to an outside lab will be subject to the plan deductible and coinsurance.
See Plan Benefits Brochure for detailed information
|Summer Only 2019||$429|
(Enroll/Cancel by 9/11/19)
(Enroll/Cancel by 2/5/20)
Who is eligible to enroll in the International Student Health Insurance Plan?
International students are subject to the mandatory insurance requirement and are enrolled in the plan upon registration with the University.
Can a student opt out of the International Student Health Insurance Plan coverage and related charges?
University policy requires mandatory demonstrated comparable health insurance for all International Students. International Students, regardless of credit level (including graduate, undergraduate, and continuous registration) who are enrolled at CSU, will be automatically enrolled in the plan each semester.
International students wishing to waive the plan must demonstrate proof of comparable coverage by completing the waiver process. Students who have been granted a waiver in the fall semester will be automatically waived in the spring semester.
Accessing Services Off-Campus
Students who need health care should access CSU Health Network first for treatment or to obtain a referral to an in-network provider.
Benefits will be paid at a higher level if students access services from an Anthem PPO in-network provider. Students are strongly encouraged to utilize these providers whenever possible to reduce their out-of-pocket expenses.
Individuals enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP), who obtain services from an in-network provider, will usually not be required to submit a claim form; most offices will directly bill your insurance. However, if you receive a bill from a provider’s office, you can submit the claim for processing within 90 days of the service date (see claim forms below).
For information on After Hours and Emergency Care, please click here.
How do I file a claim for off-campus services if not submitted by my provider?
In or Out-of-Network Claim Forms
- To file a Medical claim (CO and CA only), please fill out the following Anthem Claim Form.
- To file a Medical claim (all states except CO and CA), please fill out the following Anthem Claim Form.
- To file a Pharmacy claim, please fill out the IngenioRx Form.
- To file an out-of-country claim (for medical services outside the U.S.), please fill out the GlobalCore Form.
- Claims must be submitted within 90 days of the date of treatment or services.
Visit MyAmeriBen.com where you can check the status of a submitted claim, view your benefits, find an in-network provider, or submit a request for assistance – all through a secure, password protected system.
Does CSU provide insurance coverage options for students’ dependents, spouses, or domestic partners?
CSU has found that health insurance coverage for students’ dependents, spouses or domestic partners is most affordable through the open market. The Colorado Health Insurance Exchange is a marketplace where Coloradans can shop for and buy health insurance based on quality and price. The Exchange also provides financial assistance to people with certain income levels to reduce up-front costs.
- Find a Health Insurance Plan for a Dependent, Spouse or Domestic Partner
- Schedule an Appointment with a Health Guide
- Coverage for Dependents, Spouses, or Domestic Partners Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Additional options available for International Students’ dependents, spouses, or domestic partners include:
Note: Due to the nature of the insurance open enrollment cycle, this office experiences periods of high phone volume. Please consider emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as soon as possible.