All enrolled students are eligible to access care at the CSU Health Network regardless of which health insurance carrier they have. Students’ out-of-pocket costs are dependent on their health insurance plan benefits.
Students are not required to be enrolled in the CSU Student Insurance Plan in order to access care at the CSU Health Network.
The first day of fall classes through the day before spring classes begin.
The first day of spring classes through the last day of May.
The Monday following graduation through the day before fall classes begin.
- Graduating students or students with a terminated status (including voluntary withdrawal): eligibility ends on date of graduation or date of terminated status. Student may continue to access services, under the previous semester fee, for up to 30 days following graduation or termination of student status in order to coordinate other care coverage, pending approval by the Director of Counseling, Director of Specialty Counseling, Director of Psychiatry, Director of Medical Services and/or the Director of Specialty Medical Services. This is applicable for any semester and for any insurance coverage, excluding the Student Health Insurance Plan***. There will be no office visit charge where the visit is for the sole purpose of obtaining a referral to an outside provider.
***For those with the Student Health Insurance Plan, the student may continue to utilize the CSU Health Network through the summer.
- Psychiatry patients wanting a prescription for the whole summer are expected to continue to see their doctor through the summer in order to receive a prescription.
- Students starting in the fall but who would like to start receiving services the summer before will be on a case by case basis with approval by the Director of Counseling, Director of Specialty Counseling, Director of Psychiatry, and/or the Director of Medical Services.
Student Access Fee
The CSU Health Network is a fee-funded service on campus. The fee allows access to all services, provides reduced rates in comparison to the community, and offers comprehensive and integrated services, including Health Education and Prevention Services. Referral, insurance education, and billing services are also included.
The Student Access Fee (formerly Health Fee), which is a portion of the General Fees, is automatically applied to ALL students enrolled in 6 or more credit hours for fall, spring, and summer semesters at the time tuition/fees are charged.
For Part Time students (less than 6 credit hours, any semester) and have other insurance than the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP), the Access Fee will be 50% of the full time fee, assessed once at the end of the semester, following utilization of services that have an E&M code (Medical, Ortho/Allergy Specialist, Psychiatry, Medical Eye). If the only service(s) received was for Optometry (contacts), Dental, Pharmacy, Xray, Lab, Physical Therapy/Massage, Immunizations, Allergy shots, or Nurse visits, there will not be a fee assessed.
Students who have purchased SHIP as their health insurance, regardless of the number of credits enrolled, will pay the Full Time Access Fee. Full time students will pay the fee each semester as a portion of the General Fees. Students enrolled in less than 6 credit hours with SHIP will be assessed the full time access fee mid-semester. For summer, students with SHIP will pay the Part Time Access Fee, assessed only following utilization of services that have an E&M code (Medical, Ortho/Allergy Specialist, Psychiatry, Medical Eye). If the only service(s) received was for Optometry (contacts), Dental, Pharmacy, Xray, Lab, Physical Therapy/Massage, Immunizations, Allergy shots or Nurse visits, there will not be a fee accessed.
For students who are starting with a summer semester as their very first semester, the Access Fee will allow access beginning the first day of summer classes. The above rules apply regarding fees for part-time versus full-time students.
All students paying the Counseling Fee are eligible to receive 5 free counseling visits per semester. The Counseling Fee, which is a portion of the General Fees, is automatically applied to ALL students enrolled in 6 or more credit hours for fall, spring, and summer semesters. Students enrolled in less than 6 credit hours for any semester will automatically be assessed the Counseling Fee at the end of the semester if services were utilized (including Back on Track, Live Safe, DAY Basics, Taking Steps, and Cannabiz).
Students enrolled in less than 6 credit hours with SHIP are required to pay the Counseling Fee fall and spring semesters, which will be assessed mid-semester. For summer, students with SHIP will pay the Part Time Counseling Fee, assessed only following utilization of services.
For students who are not taking classes over the summer (but were a student registered for classes in the Spring and must be registered* for classes again in the Fall), services may be utilized over the summer; the Part Time Access Fee as described above will be applied and will be assessed at the end of summer. *If they are not yet registered for classes in the Fall, they are not eligible for services.
CSUHN will submit service charges to students’ health insurance plan for payment. Students are responsible for any copays, coinsurance or deductible amounts. Payment for services not covered by a students’ health insurance plan may be made at the time of treatment with cash, check, or credit card; billed to the student’s account; or submitted to RamCare if enrolled in the program.
For students who have financially qualified for certain government sponsored health plans, primary care provider visits will be provided at no additional cost and ancillary services will be charged according to the summary schedule of charges. Financial Aid assistance may be available to pay for the RamCare Supplement Program. Contact Student Financial Services for more information.
Eligible to Use CSUHN Services
- Enrolled Students (full and part time)
- Students’ Spouses/Domestic Partners
- Visitors (including children attending CSU camps; must pay at the time of service; cash only)
- OnlinePlus students
Not Eligible to Use CSUHN Services
- CSU Employees
- Post-Doc Graduate Trainees
- Vet Hospital Interns
- Students’ Dependent Children
See full eligibility guidelines here.